Duke Of Gordon Hotel
Situated in the heart of the Scottish Highlands, one of the last truly unspoilt parts of the world., the hotel looks out across the picturesque Spey Valley to the 18th century Ruthven Barracks. A land dominated by rock and stream, river and mountain, steeped in history and heritage dating back 4000 years, during your stay you can easily discover the beauty of the Highlands, using the Duke of Gordon as your base. There are numerous routes just steps away, which can be enjoyed on bike or foot. With origins in the 18th century, the hotel was originally built as a stopover for passengers travelling by stage coach along the old A9 to Inverness and the North of Scotland. Today it is a luxurious hotel offering the very best in Highland hospitality. -
- Olde worlds hotel with very Scottish vibe
- location superb although the room could do with updating and new beds it was fine for an overnight stay
- The hotel was very comfortable and the food in the bar was nice.
- Friendly helpful staff. great central location, very comfortable bed.
- The entertainment provided was enjoyable. The hotel was of a traditional style.
- It was a one night stay on the way elsewhere and it was just what was needed because of where it is. The surroundings are good - looking over a colourful park on the front. Parking was no problem. Just what we needed.
- Lovely room and very nice breakfast. Staff really nice
- The room was lovely, comfortable and clean.
- Had a happy overnight stay here with a last minute booking. Comfortable night's sleep in a spacious double room. The hotel is within easy driving distance of Aviemore and the Highland Wildlife Park. Breakfast was nice, and the lady who served us was kind enough to give us a table next to the window on a hot summer's day. Got a good value rate for a Saturday night!
- Nice old fashioned hotel. Newly renovated bathroom fantastic.
- Breakfast didn't live up to my liking ,parts of it were cold.T T
- Bed was very very comfortable.....but the interior of the hotel has still same tartan carpet from 15 years ago and the decor is definitely 90,s.
- Good bar meals, friendly staff. Traditional highland hotel
- Gorgeous old style chalet in the thick of the wee town. Lovely staff. Cute little rooms. Comfy beds. Very sweet little country style bathrooms with plenty of hot water. Very basic but nice breakfast included in your room price.
- Great location and outside first impression.
- A very grand place with amazing paintings. Food in the pub was good.
- The room was spacious and clean although partly old fashioned. Large bathroom with bath and shower overhead.