The Cross at Kingussie
Tweedmill Brae, Ardbroilach Road
- Food was the best meal I have had in ages...both the dinner and the breakfast was phenomenal...you must order the porridge!
- The staff were excellent and so friendly! The room was clean and comfortable. Not only was the dinner put of this world, but the breakfast was wonderful! Thank you!
- Really quiet, comfortable, attractive place. Exquisite, delicious food. Warm and welcoming hosts. I would love to stay there again.
- Favourite restaurant, consistently wonderful food.
- It was a lovely relaxing stay in beautiful surroundings, breakfast was wonderful.
- Old and renewed hotel, kind of elegant. I loved it. It has a path behind the main house, that goes beside the river and it looks like a postcard
- The dinner was amazing! Great scenic spot surrounded by lovely walks.
- Nicely tucked away in the valley a few hundred yards from the main road through Kingussie, great grounds next to the river. Comfortable, with nice touches such as a DVD library and books to borrow and a pleasant lounge area so you dont have to be stuck in your room. Great gourmet food.
- the surrounding area is beautiful, a lovely retreat, lots of wildlife around,. A hidden gem.
- Lovely friendly hotel. Owner went out of his way to make you feel welcome. Dinner at night was excellent
- Restaurant is cosy and food is well presented and full of flavour.
- Everything was just great, the place, the owners, the food, the breakfast
- It is a wonderful restaurant and a wonderful small hotel. Very nice and cozy ambiance. My wife and I wanted stay there for a while, so nice was our stay!
- Warm and welcoming hosts. Good choice of dinner. Almost like fine dining. Good breakfast. Clean room.
- The tasting menu was out of this world and the relaxing atmosphere of the accommodation, especially the terrace area, are a rare find. The staff was very kind and professional. I will surely stay there when I revisit the area. Thank you for making our stay a pleasant one. It is a shame that we only got to stay for 2 nights.
- Comfy , clean bed and room. Ease of parking, short walk to town. Lovely place to stay alongside the river but not good value.
- Location, attentive staff, fabulous food. Large room with sofa and even wee balcony to sit outside. Lovely walk-in shower with great water flow.
- Lovely location by the river. A well converted old building, charming Food excellent and service very attentive Room very comfortable, great shower, all the little extras Will be recommending to friends
- Immaculate room, very friendly service and superb food.
- The food was simply incredible. We were particularly grateful that a special vegetarian menu was offered to us to cater for our friend.
- We didn't eat in the Restaurant as we were on a bit of a budget but other guests told us the food was out of this world and service brilliant, we had the breakfast and it was fantastic with everything you could possibly want at breakfast time and more.
- Delicious breakfast and Dinner. Lovely terrace. Excellent waiter. Croissants best ever.
- Outstanding hotel and restaurant year after year.
- Everything, kind and friendly owners, outstanding food.